Thursday, August 09, 2007

My Experience at Yearly Kos


Wow. That is all I can really say right now. I have finally caught up with sleep, yay! Oh and my sprained ankle that was aggravated by the miles of walking through airports, convention centers, and up flights of stairs for my "HOTEL" room, is finally walkable and the swelling has gone down! YAY AGAIN!


It was a wonderful experience. I have to say a few things about the people helping Bill Richardson with this event. Joaquin and Andrea from the Richardson staff did an incredible job of getting us organized, and were so great at networking and just were full of energy and fun. I am so glad I got to spend some time with them.


My favorite part, though, was meeting Ken Camp of America for Richardson and Washington for Richardson. He and I have been in contact for several months, and I knew he was a great guy, but had NO IDEA. Ken is the kind of person that you feel like you have known for years, like one of your kid brother's college buddies or something. He helped me get my ginormous bag up to my penthouse suite at the Chinatown Hotel, was game for trying Greek food with me, and was an all around great guy to be with. We talked about our spouses, our kids, our extended families...it was just wonderful. It was just like being with an old friend. I hope that Ken and his family can come visit us in New Mexico soon, and I would love to haul the rugrats up to Washington, too.
Of course, seeing Governor Richardson was terrific, he did great in the Presidential Leadership Forum, and even better in the break out session, where Kossacks got to ask questions. It was really an amazing event.
I am looking forward to next year's convention, which will be called "The Netroots Nation".

No comments:

Post a Comment